781.438.1375 Call LoPriore Insurance Agency - 781-438-1375
info@lopriore.com Email LoPriore Insurance Agency, Stoneham MA
426 Main Street Suite 2
Stoneham, MA 02180
Select Page

LoPriore Independent Insurance Agency 426 Main Street Suite 2, Stoneham MA

Call us at 781-438.-375 Email Lopriore Insurance for all of your personal and commercial insurance Send us a message at 781-438-1375

Dwelling & Fire Insurance DP-3
Rental Property Insurance

Protecting your rental property and real estate investment

Whether your investment property is a multi-family home, single family home, apartment and/or a condo unit a Rental Property Insurance Policy would give you the proper coverage needed to protect your investment rental from property damage and liability arising with operating your property as a landlord.

What is it

Rental Property Insurance or also known as Dwelling Fire Insurance policy gives a landlord or investor the insurance protection it needs to cover their rental investment property that is rented or leased to others.

Who needs it

Investors and landlords seeking to purchase a comprehensive insurance policy tailored to protect their rental properties properly in the event of a loss.


We’re Here to Make Sense of it for You

There are many choices to make when insuring your investment property.  We offer a Dwelling Fire Special Form Policy (DP-3) which protects your dwelling, and other buildings such as sheds and garages, from “all risks” unless specifically excluded.  We also have a our Dwelling Fire Broad Form Policy (DP-2) to protect your property from losses specifically listed. Some examples of losses covered under the Broad Form policy are:

  • Collapse
  • Smoke
  • Explosion
  • Vandalism
  • Fire
  • Weight of ice/snow
  • Hail
  • Windstorm
  • Lightning

In addition, if your property is unfit to rent due to a loss, you can receive reimbursement of the value of your lost rental income for up to twelve months.

Optional Coverages

  • Earthquake
  • Theft
  • Personal liability and medical payments to others


Does Landlord Insurance - Rental Property Insurance Cover their tenants' personal contents?

No, the tenant must purchase a separate policy to protect their personal property.

Can landlords purchase contents coverage for items left at property to maintain the premises?

Yes, the Dwelling Fire Policy offers options to purchase this additional coverage for landlord's personal property.

Landlord Insurance offers 3 standard forms of coverage. Which one offers me the most coverage?

When comparing the DP-1 Basic Form, the DP-2 Broad Form and the DP-3 Special Form, the form that offers the most coverage to the landlord or investor would be the DP-3 Special Form.

See our Reviews
  • I have met many people in the Insurance industry, over my career of transacting Real Estate, and as a Broker/Owner of a firm. None, have made themselves so invaluable that I call them first without question, except for Lopriore. They offer consistently great service and rates, and help my clients with timely advice. I trust them with my most valuable assets -- my clients, and my reputation. Thank you for helping my clients, and my business!- Sean C.