Insure & Protect Against Cyber Risk
Technology is always evolving, and unfortunately, cybercriminals are keeping up with these changes. Every business that uses technology faces cyber risks. Cyber liability insurance can help protect your MA business against the costs associated with these attacks.
MA Cyber Liability Insurance Quote Options
In just a few minutes, you can compare quotes from several insurance companies.
Request Cyber Liability Insurance Quote
For an online cyber liability insurance quote, simply complete the form below. We will contact you to discuss coverage options and discounts.
Upload Your Current Policy
Already have a policy? Easily upload your insurance policy so we can explore and compare true apple-to-apple options.
Talk To An Agent
Want assistance or have questions? Our agents are happy to help. Please call to discuss your insurance needs.
WHAT IS IT?
Cyber liability insurance is a policy designed to provide your business with protection against data breaches and cyber attacks. When cyber criminals attack your network, you’re legally liable for the incident. Cyber insurance can pay for customer notification, credit monitoring, legal fees, and fines related to a cyber attack.
WHY DO I NEED IT?
Any business that has employees who connect to the internet is at risk of a cyber event. Increasingly, hackers attack businesses to gain access to the personal information of customers. A cyber insurance policy can cover you when you’re responsible for the loss of third party data and reimburse you for loss of business due to a system outage related to a virus or attack.
WHO IS IT FOR?
You may need cyber insurance for the following reasons.
• Your business uses computers
• Your business processes, handles, or stores third party data
• Your business uses cloud insurance
Cyber liability policies typically include various property and crime coverages. They also cover individual costs. Your liability policy may have the following.
- Loss or damage to electronic data: Coverage for the losses caused by damage, theft, disruption, or corruption of electronic data (including third party data).
- Loss of income or extra expenses: Coverage for loss of income due to a shutdown or extra expenses incurred to avoid a shutdown in relation to a covered event. Additional coverage includes losses due to computer shutdown or covered physical damage.
- Cyber extortion losses: Coverage for expenses you incur in response to threats from a hacker
- Notification costs: Coverage for the cost of notifying parties affected by a data breach, related legal expenses, and follow-up services for affected customers
- Damage to your reputation (crisis management): Coverage for public relations costs to repair your reputation after a data breach
- Third-party liability coverages: Coverage for damages or settlements and defense costs related to covered claims
- Network security liability: Coverage for lawsuits against you due to a data breach or the inability of others to access your system
- Network privacy liability: Coverage for lawsuits alleging that you failed to properly protect data on your computer system
- Electronic media liability: Coverage for lawsuits against you like libel, slander, defamation, copyright infringement, and invasion of privacy, resulting from you publishing electronic data on the internet
- Errors and omissions liability: Coverage for errors or omissions that arise out of professional services related to computers or technology
Get Insurance Coverage
Tailored To Your Business
Quote Request Form
Get Insurance Coverage Tailored To Your Business
Quote Request Form
Cyber Liability Insurance FAQ's
Yes. Cyber liability insurance provides coverage for lawsuits arising from data breaches and server attacks. The policy also includes coverage for loss or corruption of data.
Yes. Cyber extortion coverage provides coverage for the costs of consultants and expenses related to threats interrupting service and releasing private information.
Yes, though it’s important to distinguish that cyber insurance does not cover employee theft of physical property. Cyber insurance covers employee theft of intellectual property or identity.
No. Physical property theft isn’t typically covered by cyber insurance. Commercial property insurance provides coverage for business property theft.
Learn More About MA Cyber Insurance
As technology continues to grow, the potential risk of data breaches and cyber attacks grow with it. The reality of an attack against your business is practically inevitable. Cyber insurance can protect you from potentially devastating losses related to these attacks. To learn more, get in touch today. Our experienced agents will provide answers to your questions, provide a quick quote, or help you customize the right policy to fit your lifestyle.
Have any Question? Ask us anything, we’d love to answer!