Mobile Home Insurance
What is it
Mobile Home insurance was designed to provide proper coverage that is not available on a standard homeowners insurance policy.
why do I need it
Mobile home insurance isn't mandatory by law, however lenders and mobile home parks typically require proof of coverage before working with you.
Who needs it
Anyone who owns a mobile home, manufactured homes, trailer park models, and modular homes looking to protect their property from damages.
Coverage is included for many losses, for instance,
- Falling objects
- Burglary or robbery
- Water damage from burst pipes
- Collapse from weight of ice and snow
Some insurers offer additional living expenses, debris removal, emergency removal service and emergency repairs after a loss, and also food spoilage coverage.
Optional coverages to customize your policy,
- Trip coverage for moving your home
- Scheduled personal property
- Earthquake coverage
- Replacement cost coverage for your mobile home, other structures and personal possessions.
- Liability coverage - an important part of any policy, liability covers you and household members if you’re found responsible for bodily injury or property damage to someone who doesn’t live in your home
Does my auto insurance policy cover my mobile home?
No, auto insurance policies do not cover a mobile home against any potential damages or liability that may arise.
Does mobile home insurance cost more than regular home insurance?
Typically, the cost is less for mobile home insurance since the amount of coverage is less as well.
What is a deductible on my mobile home insurance policy?
A deductible is the amount that the property owner incurs prior to the insurance policy paying any claims damages.