Personal Umbrella InsuranceProperty Insurance
Think You’ve Got It All Covered?
To protect your hard-earned assets, we strongly advise that you purchase a Personal Liability Umbrella Policy. An umbrella offers comprehensive liability protection for you and your family at a low cost. It also insures against personal injury, which includes libel, slander or defamation of character.
Keep Your Assets from Becoming Liabilities
For most covered losses, the Personal Liability Umbrella pays after your homeowner, automobile, boat, snowmobile or RV liability limits have been exhausted. It also can fill liability gaps not covered by standard policies.
Liability Protection for Peace of Mind
A Personal Umbrella Policy purchased from LoPriore Insurance Agency provides you with two types of valuable coverage:
(1) Additional Liability Coverage – For you and your family over and above the present amounts you now have on the following:
- Recreational Vehicles
(2) Primary Coverage – For important non-business liability claims not covered on your other policies. Liability claims such as defamation of character, libel or slander.
Payment for Court Costs
If you ever need legal defense for a covered claim, you will be reimbursed for:
- Defense costs, which could be substantial, not payable by your basic policies.
- Interest on unpaid judgments.
- Premiums on appeal bonds.
- Reasonable expenses incurred by us. Reasonable expenses incurred by you at the insurer’s request.
Judgments from these lawsuits can easily exceed the liability limits on your underlying insurance policies, especially if there is a critical injury or loss of life:
- False arrest
Note: A deductible applies to a covered claim where there is no underlying coverage.
Here Is What You Need
To qualify for a Personal Excess Liability Policy, you must have certain liability limits on your other insurance policies. The automobile and homeowners insurance liability limits are as follows:
Automobile: $250,000/500,000 bodily injury and $100,000 property damage
Homeowners: $300,000 liability coverage per occurrence. You must also have personal injury coverage on your homeowners insurance policy.
We’ll help you select the right amount of Liability Coverage.
Personal Umbrella Liability limits are available from $1 million to $50 million.
LoPriore Insurance Agency can assist you with getting the right coverage for the right price.