Dwelling & Fire Insurance

Property Insurance

Protecting Your Investment

Whether you own a vacation home or rent property, you need to protect your investment.  Rental property needs special coverage – coverage that not only protects your investment but won’t overlap with coverage you may have already purchased under your homeowners policy.

We’re Here to Make Sense of it for You

There are many choices to make when insuring your investment property.  We offer a Dwelling Fire Special Form Policy (DP-3) which protects your dwelling, and other buildings such as sheds and garages, from “all risks” unless specifically excluded.  Or, we have our Dwelling Fire Broad Form Policy (DP-2) to protect your property from losses specifically listed. Some examples of losses covered under the Broad Form policy are:

  • Collapse
  • Smoke
  • Explosion
  • Vandalism
  • Fire
  • Weight of ice/snow
  • Hail
  • Windstorm
  • Lightning

In addition, if your property is unfit to rent due to a loss, you can receive reimbursement of the value of your lost rental income for up to twelve months.

Optional Coverages

Other coverages available to you include:

  • Earthquake
  • Theft
  • Personal liability and medical payments to others
My Account