Homeowners Insurance-Wakefield MA
Homeowners Insurance with LoPriore Insurance Agency
LoPriore Insurance has been a leading provider of Homeowners Insurance in Wakefield MA for over 20 years. As an independent insurance agency, our focus is on protecting our clients homes and property with a truly personal approach. We tailor each homeowners insurance policy to fit the needs of the individual homeowner.
More than just a place to live, your home is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make. Protecting your home and contents is very important to you and to us. LoPriore Insurance Agency’s portfolio of national and regional carriers allows us to offer solutions designed to fit your needs. We offer comprehensive homeowners protection for single or multi-family homes. Your personal possessions can be covered, with limits from 50 to 75 percent, of the coverage amount on your home, and are covered anywhere in the world. Choose from a variety of deductibles and coverages that will allow you to tailor your policy to fit your lifestyle and your budget.
How Homeowners Insurance Works
Homeowners protection offers coverage on a special form basis under the HO-3 policy. This means that most sudden and accidental events causing physical damage to your home are covered – along with other structures on your property such as a detached garage or tool shed. Furthermore, most homeowners policies are issued on replacement cost basis. Together, we will determine the amount of coverage needed to replace or rebuild your home and develop a tailored homeowners insurance quote just for you.
How Is My Personal Property Covered Under Homeowners Insurance?
Coverage ‘Round the World’ – Personal Property Coverage provides worldwide coverage for your furniture, clothes and other personal possessions. Whether it’s fire, theft, hail or other peril listed in your policy, you’re protected. And, regardless of where you are, you’re covered.
Here are some of the items covered for specific amounts within the Personal Property Coverage:
- Money & coin collections: $200
- Securities & stamps: $1,000
- Manuscripts: $1,000
- Theft of jewelry, watches & furs: $1,000
- Watercraft: $1,000
- Trailers: $1,000
- Personal computer coverage: $2,500
- Theft of silverware & goldware: $2,500
- Trading cards, comic books & memorabilia: $1,000
- Theft of cameras: $2,000
- Theft of tools: $2,000
- Theft of firearms: $2,000
- Credit card, forgery & counterfeit money: $1,000
- Trees, shrubs & plants $500
Your personal property losses are settled on an actual cash value basis, which is the amount your property is worth at the time of the loss. You have the option of purchasing Replacement Cost on Contents, which settles your personal property losses on a replacement cost basis rather than an actual cash value basis. You will be paid the amount to replace the items after the deductible. No deduction will be made for depreciation with the replacement cost endorsement on your contents.
Should you be interested in the broadest coverage for your fine arts, jewelry, furs, antiques, and other valuable items, contact LoPriore Insurance to learn more about Scheduled Personal Property Coverage.
Additional Homeowners Insurance Coverage Options
- Replacement Cost on Dwelling – In case of a total loss, this endorsement provides replacement cost coverage to rebuild your home without any depreciation. If your home is insured up to 100 percent of its calculated replacement value, but the loss exceeds the policy limit, extended Replacement Cost will make up the difference up to 125% of coverage A Dwelling.
- Replacement Cost on Contents – Your personal property losses are settled on a replacement cost basis. You’re paid the amount to replace the items after the deductible without any depreciation.
- Backup of Sewer, Drain or Sump Pump – gives you coverage for damage by water which backs up into your house through your sewer, drain or sump pump.
- Home Computer Coverage – Use your computer away from home or for business use? This option provides coverage when you need more coverage than your policy provides, and is settled on a replacement cost basis.
- Identity Theft Coverage – Provides coverage to repair your credit that is effected by being victimized of a stolen identity.
- Extended Theft Coverage for jewelry, watches and furs – broader protection than the special limits in your basic policy.
- Increased Coverage – is also available for credit cards, jewelry and furs.
- Earthquake – is excluded under the standard homeowners policy, but is available by endorsement.
- Flood Coverage – Your policy does not cover any damage caused by floods. If you think flooding is a possibility in your area, you should consider purchasing a flood insurance policy, underwritten by the National Flood Insurance Plan, through our agency. In some cases, your flood insurance may be underwritten by your insurance carrier.
Homeowners Insurance-Liability Coverage
Liability protects you and your relatives who are members of your household if you’re legally liable for injuries to other people either on or off your property. Liability also protects you if you accidentally cause damage to someone’s property, up to $500. Your liability will also pay the costs to defend you in lawsuits brought against you. You can choose from a range of limits beginning with $100,000.
Medical Payments to Others covers a person not living in your home that may be injured by you, or gets hurt on your property. It pays reasonable medical expenses, up to $1,000 for each injured person-regardless of fault. Increased coverage is available.
Your homeowners insurance policy includes these additional coverages:
- Payments for first aid to others at the scene of the accident.
- Payments up to $500 for damage to the property of others, caused by you (for example, a child damages a neighbor’s new concrete sidewalk by walking on it before it has dried.)
- Payments up to $1,000 for Loss Assessments you incur as a result of your membership in a property association. This applies when there is a covered loss to property collectively insured by all members.
- Claims expenses we incur for any suit we defend.
Value, Convenience and Performance You Can Trust
When you purchase homeowners insurance from LoPriore Insurance Agency, you get round-the-clock service. Whether you have a claim or billing question and/or need to contact us, feel free to call, text, email or visit us on the web.
We have been with LoPriore Agency for many years and have had wonderful and personal service.Claire Citrano