781.438.1375 Call LoPriore Insurance Agency - 781-438-1375
info@lopriore.com Email LoPriore Insurance Agency, Stoneham MA
426 Main Street Suite 2
Stoneham, MA 02180
Select Page

LoPriore Independent Insurance Agency 426 Main Street Suite 2, Stoneham MA

Call us at 781-438.-375 Email Lopriore Insurance for all of your personal and commercial insurance Send us a message at 781-438-1375

Report a Claim

Accidents happen.  Will you be ready?

Every year, millions of consumers file claims with their insurance agents and insurance companies. It is stressful enough to sustain a loss – rest assured that LoPriore Insurance Agency understands, and is willing to assist you in every aspect of your claims experience. Our commitment to excellence helps get you back to your daily life as soon as possible.

To report a claim, select your insurance company below.

American Modern InsuranceArbella Mutual Insurance CompanyBunkerhill Insurance CompanyCNA SuretyForemost Insurance GroupGrundy InsuranceHagerty InsuranceThe Hartford InsuranceHole In One InsuranceLiberty Mutual InsuranceMAPFRE Commerce InsuranceMassachusetts Property Insurance Underwriting Association (MPIUA) Merchants Insurance GroupPhiladelphia InsurancePlymouth Rock InsuranceProgressive InsuranceQuincy Mutual GroupSafety Insurance CompanySelective Insurance Company of AmericaThe Main Street America GroupTravelers InsuranceTraveler's Insurance - CommercialVermont Mutual Insurance Group

See our Reviews
  • Recently I was shopping for Auto Insurance for first time online since I was on my parents car insurance it was so overwhelming with all the different options and prices I was getting. I came across LoPriore Insurance website that gave me a rate and almost immediately I was contacted by Rich to go over and explain the policy to me. I was able to talk with someone and stop by office if I needed their help. I highly recommend LoPriore Insurance they made it so quick and easy for me! - Danielle B.

Personal Insurance Claim
Frequently Asked Questions

(See Home Insurance Claim FAQ’s)

Auto Accident Claim Information

What should I do after an auto accident?

First make sure everyone is safe and if necessary medical help has been called. Gather the basic information needed to report the claim to your insurance carrier; name, address and driver’s license number for all drivers involved, year, make and model and registration number of all vehicles involved, location and time of accident, name and phone number for any witnesses or injured parties. If you are able take photos of the accident scene. Next report the claim to your carrier and complete an operator crash report.

Do I need a police report in order to report a claim to my carrier?

A police report is helpful in assisting with the reporting of a loss but sometimes it is not always possible to obtain immediately following a crash. You should always report a claim as soon as possible regardless. In Massachusetts an operator’s crash report is required on all losses where damage is estimated over $1000. An operator’s report can be obtained at your local police department or see our auto accident documents.

What’s next after the claim has been reported?

Once the claim has been reported to your insurance carrier, they will assign a claims representative who will contact you to make arraignments for an appraisal. Some carriers offer drive-in appraisal locations where you can take your vehicle to be assessed but they also have appraisers that will come out to your vehicle as well. If it determined your vehicle is not safe to operate the insurance carrier will send a licensed appraiser to wherever your vehicle is located. Once the damage assessment has be completed you will receive a copy of the repair estimate along with a list of registered repair shops. You are free to make repair arraignments at the shop of your choosing. In some cases, the body shop will find additional damage not originally visible in the initial appraisal, should this situation arise the shop should contact the insurance carrier for a supplemental appraisal to cover the additional costs.

My windshield is cracked, am I covered?

If you purchased comprehensive coverage on your auto policy, then yes you are covered for glass replacements and/or repairs! Glass losses need to be reported to your insurance company. A glass claim specialist will take your information and determine if coverage applies. Once glass coverage is confirmed you can make arraignments with the specialist over the phone or you can contact a glass shop of your choosing to complete the work.

Home Insurance Claim Information

What should I do after a property loss?

  • If the property appears to be unsafe, leave the premises immediately.
  • If you can do so safely, turn off the electricity if there is standing water in your home. Never touch an electrical component while standing in water.
  • Report any downed power lines or gas leaks to your utility company immediately.
  • Try to protect your property for further damage which may include boarding up openings and salvaging undamaged items.
  • Report the claim to your insurance carrier as soon as possible. To do this you will need; how, when and where the damage occurred and a general description of the damage. If you are able, photograph or videotape the damage for further documentation

I’ve reported my home insurance claim. What happens next?

Once the loss has been reported your claims representative will assign an independent claims adjuster who will contact you to arrange a time at your convenience to visit your home and view the damage. After the adjuster inspects the damage an estimate is prepared and submitted to the carrier for review and coverage eligibility. The adjuster who viewed your damage will then contact you to explain the applicable coverage and reach an agreed settlement figure. A settlement check with then be issued based on the agreed figures. Some carriers may require you to sign settlement forms prior to the issuance of the check.

What should I do if I discover more damage after I receive appraisal and the claim payment?

If more damage is discovered after you’ve been paid for a claim you should contact your claims adjuster immediately. A reinspection by the adjuster may be required to properly assess and investigate this damage. They will review the additional damage, and should coverage be afforded they will make arraignments for supplemental payment.

What is a Public Adjuster role in an insurance claim and should I hire one?

A public adjuster is a claims adjuster hired by a policyholder to advocate for the policyholder in appraising and negotiating an insurance claim. While hiring a public adjuster is a personal choice it is important to understand the terms and costs associated with hiring a PA. It is important to note; Public Adjusters are independent adjusters who are not employed nor hired by the insurance company therefore the homeowner is responsible for their compensation not the insurance company.

Commercial Insurance Claim
Frequently Asked Questions

Workers Comp Claims

Employees should file a claim for workers compensation as soon as you are injured on the job or develop an illness that is related to your work. Filing a claim begins with notifying your employer of your injury or work-related illness. Your employer will file an Employees Claim Form 110. (Click here to download) You can also report a claim directly to the insurance carrier by obtaining coverage information from your workplace workers compensation poster.

  • Listed below would be the information needed to file claim
  • The policy number
  • Details of the incident
  • Employee information, including:
  • Name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone Number
  • Social Security Number
  • Age, Gender
  • Marital Status, Number of Dependents
  • Hire Date, Years in Current Position
  • Current Wage Information

Commercial Auto Claims

If you’re involved in an on-the-job auto accident, consider the tips below to help manage the situation. And, if possible, fill out the information form to help your employer process the insurance claim.

  1. If someone is injured, call 911 immediately. Otherwise, call the police or fire department to report your accident.
  2. Take steps to prevent further accidents and injuries. If permissible, and the police or fire department suggest so, move your vehicle to the side of the road or other safe place.
  3. Do not leave the scene of the accident until it is appropriate to do so.
  4. At the accident scene, limit your discussions of specifics of the accident to those with a “need to know,” such as the police, fire or other emergency personnel.
  5. Exchange your name, insurance company, policy number and vehicle’s license plate number with the other driver(s).
  6. If safe to do so, consider taking photos of the accident scene and vehicles.
  7. As soon as possible, contact your employer and call your insurance agent to report your claim.

Commercial Property Claims

With any case of property damage, the first concern is safety. Step one is to get your employees out of harm’s way and, if appropriate, contact emergency responders. Then, report your claim to LoPriore Insurance.  Our goal is to get you back to business as soon as possible.

Dealing with the Damage

  • While each property claim is different, the following guidelines can help you deal with property damage. Remember that common sense safety always applies.
  • Never enter a damaged building unless police or fire officials have declared it safe to do so.
  • If possible, move your property to protect it from further damage. If you are unable to move large belongings, try to protect them from the elements using a tarp or plastic.
  • Separate damaged from undamaged property.
  • Do not dispose of damaged property, especially items such as appliances or pipes that might be the source of a fire or leak.
  • Document your damages with photos or video as well as a list. It’s also a good idea to document your belongings in this manner as a precautionary measure.

Commercial General Liability Claims

Liability claims happen. No matter how careful you are, it’s something you may have to deal with as a business owner or manager. And while it’s impossible to account for every scenario you might encounter, there are steps you and your employees can take to better enable you to act when faced with a liability claim.

  • Respond. When someone falls or is hurt on your property, don’t ignore the incident for fear of admitting liability. Respond with compassion and empathy. It’s the right thing to do, and ignoring an accident is likely to create animosity.
  • Collect the name and phone number of anyone who was involved in or witnessed the accident. Even, for example, if a person falls but says he is not hurt, get his information. Sometimes an injury doesn’t show itself immediately, or the person may be too embarrassed to admit an injury.
  • Never ask someone involved in an accident to sign a release stating they are not injured. Such releases are ineffective in court and may cause animosity or even lead to the person getting a lawyer.

Claim Measures

  • Take photos of the accident location and possible causes of the accident. Write down any accounts of the accident soon after they are told to you.
  • Report claims quickly. Memories fade and witnesses become unsure and less committal in their accounts of an event. We can document witness accounts while memories are fresh – even if that’s well before any litigation that may occur.
  • Review any security cameras that might have captured the accident. Regularly inspect these cameras to ensure they are working properly, and maintain all video for at least three months, as claims can arise well after an incident occurs.
  • Correct the cause of the accident and introduce procedures to help prevent similar accidents. Use signs or barriers to warn others if there is continued exposure to the risk.
  • Keep in mind that you can be liable for accidents caused by vendors working on your property. You should manage that risk before an accident with sound contracts and maintenance agreements. Be sure to clearly define responsibility for risks in areas maintained by vendors, resulting from their work, or related to their equipment or activity.