Big-name insurance companies are widely known because of their ability to saturate the media with commercials about the policies they provide. These insurance companies can be a reliable choice because they’ve been in the industry for a long period of time. However, that doesn’t mean they’re the best choice for your personal insurance needs. Independent insurance agents can provide reliable service too. Additionally, they often have much more to offer than a single company. Here are 7 advantages to using an independent insurance agent for your personal insurance needs.
Table of Contents
1. More Options
Independent agents work with a variety of insurance companies to get you the best coverage at the lowest prices. An independent insurance agent has access to many markets to provide you with the policies you need. This access to choices can mean lower rates, less restrictive policies, and better coverage. Independent insurance agents can often provide ways to cover potential gaps in coverage with the use of policies that work alongside the insurance you already have.
2. Save Money
Since independent insurance agents aren’t tied to one company, they can shop around to offer you the best rates. An independent agent has no brand preference, which means you’ll have the opportunity to compare a variety of prices for the same policy. Often, this comparison can result in significant savings. You can compound these savings with multi-policy discounts and the option to purchase insurance policies that work together to provide complete coverage.
3. An Advocate for Customers
Insurance agents affiliated with one company are often tied to stringent requirements. An independent insurance agent works for the customer instead of a single company. This is a major advantage when it comes to filing a claim. Insurance claims are complicated, and it’s easy for policyholders to get lost in the process and the technical terms involved. An independent insurance agent is a trained professional working on your behalf which makes you more likely to get a fair settlement.
4. Unbiased Advice
Insurance agents working with one company have a narrow view of the industry. On the other hand, independent agents work with dozens of companies that provide different types of insurance policies. Additionally, independent insurance agents work closely with customers and can offer advice related to the previous positive or negative experiences of other clients.
Since independent insurance agents aren’t advocates for a single company, they can help you find the best prices without any preference for one company over another. This freedom also allows independent insurance agents to find plans better suited to the needs of their customers.
5. They Get to Know You
An independent agent is someone in your local community who can serve your insurance needs throughout your lifetime. This local knowledge provides many advantages. A local agent gets to know you as a person and learns about the changes you experience over time. They often offer advice and learn about which companies have provided you with satisfactory service in the past. Additionally, local insurance agents have knowledge about specific risks to the area. This knowledge can ensure you avoid any gaps in coverage.
A local agent is nearby with the capability to take care of your issues right away when you have to file a claim or have questions about your coverage. This personalized service helps you avoid the frustrations of long waiting periods on the phone to talk to an agent in another state who may not even know your name. Working with an independent insurance agent you know can make it easy to keep your insurance updated and seek new policies when you need them.
6. One-Stop Shopping
You often need different types of insurance to meet the needs of your lifestyle. An independent insurance agent can offer you simple one-stop shopping for all of your needs. Independent insurance agents usually offer many different types of insurance including homeowners, auto, commercial, personal articles, and umbrella policies. They can also provide policies that cover unique concerns like pets, classic cars, and special event insurance.
Instead of visiting various agencies to compare prices and benefits, you discuss your insurance needs with one agent and wait while the best options are presented to you. Shopping online can take a lot of time and lead to frustrating results when you have no experience in the industry. An independent agent can save your time and provide more options than you can find alone. Instead of filling out numerous forms on your own, you can get instant quotes from multiple companies to quickly make the best choice and get on with your life.
7. Licensed and Experienced
Independent agents are licensed and have the experience to explain insurance terms in simple understandable language. The insurance agency is filled with complications, exclusions, and technical language. Since most policyholders aren’t professionals, it can be difficult to understand the coverage you have and what you actually need. Unfortunately, this generally leads to customers who end up leaning toward one extreme or the other. Some choose to purchase only enough insurance to comply with local laws and end up being underinsured. Others end up paying expensive monthly premiums on insurance they’ll never use.
Understanding insurance policies can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be a hassle. At LoPriore Insurance Agency, our motto is insurance that fits your lifestyle. Our independent agents work closely with customers to form long-term relationships that provide you with the best insurance coverage to fit your needs no matter your lifestyle. If you’re located in Massachusetts and seeking personal insurance get in touch today. Our experienced agents are ready to answer your questions, discuss our available policies, and offer an instant quote. Get personalized service and peace of mind with an independent insurance agent who really works for you.
Insurance Agent vs Buying Insurance Directly From Insurance Company
- Independent insurance agents are licensed professionals.
- Independent agents sell insurance for various carriers.
- Independent insurance agents own their own business and make your interests their priority.
- Independent insurance agents are typically members of your local community who know the specific needs of the area.
- Independent insurance agents offer unbiased advice about insurance that fits your lifestyle.
- You can find one-stop shopping for the lowest rates with your independent insurance agency.
- You can maintain your relationship with your insurance agent if you decide to switch insurance carriers.
- Independent insurance agents usually work with small companies that you wouldn’t otherwise be aware of.
- Independent insurance agents can help you find discounts from a variety of companies for a package that meets your budget.
- Independent insurance agents are paid by commissions for the products they sell, which means customer retention is essential.
- Your independent insurance agent takes care of every aspect of your coverage and can walk you through the claims process if the need arises.
Direct Insurance From Insurance Company
- Direct insurance agents are licensed professionals.
- Captive agents sell insurance for a single carrier.
- Captive agents work for an insurance company with the company’s goals as a priority.
- Captive insurance agents are usually employed by a big, well-known company.
- Direct insurance agents can provide extensive advice about a single company.
- You should shop around to determine which direct insurance agent/company provides the best rates in your area.
- You may decide to move to a new company when your insurance fails to meet your needs.
- Direct insurance agencies offer policies you’re most likely to already be familiar with.
- Direct insurance agents are up-to-date on new offers and discounts from a single company.
- Direct insurance agents are paid a salary from the company which won’t change if they lose your business.
- Direct insurance agents may not handle all aspects of your coverage which can leave you working with a stranger in the event you need to file a claim.
Contact LoPriore Insurance Agency Today
To Get A Free Insurance Quote
We Make Insurance Easy For You!
Work with a local experienced insurance agent and save you time and money!